Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ school seeks a mentor to support with primary English from September 2023.
Their caring ethos and high standards make the school a lovely place to be. A rich and varied curriculum offers many opportunities to explore, grow and develop both inside and outside of the classroom. They take great pride in their ability to nurture all to reach their full potential.
Classroom/subject experience is not essential but is preferred. It is important that the candidate has experience in behavioral management. The school is looking for a mentor who is passionate about working with children and is motivated to see pupils grow and flourish.
This school strives for excellence in all that they do in school and in the wider community, providing a place where all can achieve their potential; develop their mind; be creative and cultivate their interests. Pupils at this school flourish in an environment that respects them as individuals and endeavours to develop all aspects of each one.
Become an Academic Tutor
Do you want a role where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people? We’re recruiting full-time Academic Tutors to start immediately and deliver tuition in various subjects for the National Tutoring Programme. This is a great opportunity to get school experience, which is invaluable for those who are considering a career in teaching.
You’ll be working alongside teachers to provide tuition for pupils whose education has been most impacted by the pandemic. Academic Tutors can mentor pupils in primary school literacy, numeracy or science, or secondary school English, humanities, maths, modern foreign languages, or science.
You don’t need to have experience of working in education to become an Academic Tutor as our fully funded training will ensure that you have all the knowledge you need for your new role.
To become an Academic Tutor, you’ll need:
· A degree or equivalent, OR;
· Three A-levels at A*- C grade AND a minimum of Grade 4 (grade C equivalent) in English and maths at GCSE level
Your responsibilities will include:
· Working with teaching staff to identify the support each pupil needs
· Creating bespoke intervention programmes for pupils
· Developing and delivering engaging sessions with clear learning objectives
· Delivering measurable outcomes from each session to track progress
Develop your skills as an Academic Tutor through:
· Expert online training from Education Development Trust
· Access to resources and professional development covering topics including mental health, work-life balance, and pedagogy
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that values diverse talent and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Should you require any adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact us.